About the Office
The Office of Academic Affairs supports the executive vice president and provost in ensuring university excellence in learning, discovery, engagement, and diversity. We work closely with the faculty senate and the president to advance LSU using a shared governance model. We also make communication and transparency a hallmark of the office. Lastly, the essence of our academic core--our faculty and staff--are preeminent in everything we do. In fulfilling our mission, the office:
- coordinates academic programs, planning and review;
- facilitates talent recruitment, development and retention;
- assists with prioritizing the use and renovation of academic space;
- advances and coordinates institutional diversity efforts and;
- determines the strategic direction and allocation of university resources.