Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit students in Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Thank you to our Spring 2020 Event Sponsors
Barriere Construction Co., LLC | DE Harvey Builders | DPR Construction | D.R. Horton, Inc.| Excel | Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. | Hensel Phelps | Moore Industries | Palmisano | Pontchartrain Partners, LLC | ROY ANDERSON CORP | Stuart & Company General Contractors, LLC | STOA Construction, LLC | The McDonnel Group | The Newtron Group | Quanta Services, Inc. | Weeks Marine, Inc.
Learn more about sponsorship opportunities below.
Date: March 12, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. – Interviews, pre-scheduled
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. - Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity to make changes to your CID interview schedule.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Interviews
- 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. - Interviews
Interview Sign Ups
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Open Networking Hour
The Networking Hour from 9:30-10:30 a.m. is an opportunity for all students, including those who missed the Preselect Interview deadlines, to be added to remaining available interview slots or to network and distribute résumés for future opportunities. This is a great opportunity for underclassmen to learn more about opportunities in the construction industry. To request an interview, students should approach employers at their table, introduce themselves, and express interest in any remaining interview opportunities. Interviews are not guaranteed, so students are encouraged to instead participate in the Preselect Interview process outlined in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
Important Registration Announcement: We have reached maximum capacity for the main event floor. Any employer registrations received after February 13, 2020 will be placed in interview rooms separate from the main event floor and will be are encouraged to source student candidates and arrange interviews through Handshake prior to the event on March 12. If you are interested in registering for an interview room space, please contact Kyle O'Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
All major employers deadlines are in bold below. Please review the Employer Deadlines info sheet for more information.
Preselect to Alternate Schedule
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: January 21
- Student Application Start Date: January 2
- Student Application End Date: February 28 by noon
- Primary and Alternate Selections Due: March 4 by noon
- Primary Sign Up Start: March 5 at 12:01 a.m.
- Alternate Sign Up Start: March 7 at 12:01 a.m.
- Sign Up Ends and Schedules Close: March 9 at 9:00 a.m.
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: February 20
- Student Sign Up Start: February 29 at 12:01 a.m.
- Schedule Closes: March 9 at 9:00 a.m.
Room Only Schedule
- Final Schedule Due: March 10
Download the Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.
Enhance your company recognition among students by becoming an event sponsor for $350. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process. Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Your organization’s table is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the student handout.