Welcome to the Center for Freshman Year
The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY) is the academic unit for most new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Our mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the Center at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU. Some students may be granted additional time for enrollment if they have not yet declared a major.
UCFY Fall 2021 Operating Schedule
Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
Location: 150 Allen Hall
APPOINTMENTS (September 10 – December 23)
UCFY offers virtual and in-person advising appointments (Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM – Central Standard Time). Appointments open two weeks in advance. If all appointments are showing as full for the next two weeks, check the appointment system each morning at 8:00 AM (Central Standard Time) for possible same day appointment availability.
UCFY students can schedule an appointment through the Navigate Student app. See the video to the left or instructions below for more information on this process. Students with difficulty accessing the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Students enrolled in UCFY can schedule an appointment with a UCFY academic counselor through the Navigate Student App.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college can schedule an appointment with their respective college academic counselor through the Navigate Student App. Ensure to select “Academic Advising” as the appointment type to be directed to your specific senior college for assistance.
- If in-person appointments booked, check for virtual appointment availability.
NOTE: Non-UCFY students who schedule appointments with UCFY academic counselors will receive appointment cancellation notices and be directed to reschedule with the appropriate advising office to provide them with the best assistance possible.
Using the Navigate App to Schedule an Advising Appointment:
When scheduling a virtual appointment, select the following options as prompted:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule: Academic Advising (UCFY & UCAC)
- Service: Select the appropriate service based on your needs. If selecting advising ensure to select Advising (UCFY)
- Date: Select your desired appointment date
- Location: Center for Freshman Year (UCFY)
- Time: Select your desired appointment time
- How would you like to meet: Virtual or In-Person
- Would you like to share anything: Please include your intended major, specific advising needs, and your preferred name and pronouns in the comment box.
- Select “Schedule” at the bottom of the screen to finalize your appointment
You will receive an appointment confirmation as well as a reminder which will provide a link to access the Zoom appointment.
VIRTUAL Drop-In Meetings ONLY (November 1- 5)
During critical times in the semester, UCFY also offers drop-in meetings. UCFY will be offering virtual drop-in meetings from November 1st – 5th, to assist students needing to drop courses or resign by the university deadline (Friday, November 5th @ 4:30 PM). How to Schedule a Virtual Drop-In Meeting with UCFY
Meet with an Advisor
Office Location & Hours:
Virtual Appointments only at this time
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
All UCFY students are required to download the Navigate Student App on your iPhone
or Android Phone which can be used to schedule appointments with counselors and other
features like To-Dos, Study Buddies, Resources,
Holds, and Class Schedule.
At LSU, we’re family and care deeply about the well being of our students. LSU CARES is an initiative dedicated to helping students access the resources they need to thrive here.