Payment Plans

At Louisiana State University, students can manage education expenses by paying tuition over the course of several months, rather than in one lump sum. This way, students can make manageable monthly payments with no associated interest charges. To enroll in a deferred payment plan, students will be assessed a $40 non-refundable service charge per term effective Fall 2021. 

Keep in mind, the payment plan must be paid in full before the last day of classes for the term in which the student is enrolled, or the student will not be able to complete registration for future terms. Graduating seniors must also take into consideration that balances must be paid in full approximately two weeks before the graduation date.

Eligibility

All students are eligible for an initial deferred payment plan. Subsequent plans are based on the individual credit history with LSU. Please note that failure to pay deferred payment balances will negatively impact eligibility for future deferments. 

How to Enroll in the Monthly Deferred Payment Plan

On myLSU, navigate to the Registration Services tab, then select Deferred Payment/Payroll Deduction. Use the drop-down to select the campus and the term, then click view options. After the desired payment plan option is selected, click add plan. Remember after selecting the payment plan, navigate back to the Fee Bill to see the deferred payment plan updated on the student account.

Payment Plan Options

The university offers a payment plan for summer semester (excludes intersessions) tuition and fees: 

  • 50% down, remaining 50% payable over two payments* 

* Two payments are due on July 1 and August 1 for Summer. If payments are not received by the 11th of the month, a 5% late fee is assessed.

There is a $40 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans effective Fall 2021

The university offers three (3) payment plan options for current semester tuition and fees for the Fall and Spring semesters.

  1. 50% down, remaining 50% spread over three payments*
  2. 25% down, remaining 75% spread over three payments*
  3. 10% down, remaining 90% spread over three payments*

*Three payments are due October 1, November 1, December 1 for Fall and March 1, April 1, and May 1 for Spring. If payments are not received by the 11th of the month, a 5% late fee is assessed.

There is a $40 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans effective Fall 2021

The University offers a payment plan for current LSU Online module tuition and fees. 

  •  50% down, remaining 50% payable 21 days after the 1st day of class*

*If payments are not received by the 25th class day, a 5% late fee is assessed.

There is a $40 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans effective Fall 2021  

Please note if the student agrees to the terms and conditions of the deferred payment plan option there are no extensions available. 

Fall 2021 - Payment Plan Example excluding Financial Assistance

Fall 2021 - Payment Plan Example including Financial Assistance

Payment Deadlines

Louisiana State University requires that the student pay their tuition and fees on time. However, the payment due dates depend on the term and the type of courses the student is enrolled in. Unfortunately, LSU's system does not allow for payments to be made in advance. Students will not see the button to pay by bank draft or credit card on the myLSU Account until the actual due date. 

 

Contact Us

Email: bursar@lsu.edu
Phone: 225-578-3357
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

University Cashier Hours

Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. and
12:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
(for departmental transactions)

Documents

AS Forms

Policies & Procedures