How to Schedule a Virtual Drop-In with the Center for Advising & Counseling using the Navigate Student App
UCAC Fall 2021 Operating Schedule
Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
Location: 150 Himes Hall
Virtual Appointments (September 10 – December 23)
UCAC offers virtual advising appointments (Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM – Central Standard Time). Appointments open two weeks in advance. If all appointments are showing as full for the next two weeks, check the appointment system each morning at 8:00 AM (Central Standard Time) for possible same day appointment availability.
UCAC students can schedule a virtual appointment through the Navigate Student app. See the video to the left or instructions below for more information on this process. Students with difficulty accessing the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Freshmen enrolled in UCFY (less than 30 hours earned) can schedule an appointment with a UCFY academic counselor the Navigate Student App.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college can schedule an appointment with their respective college academic counselor through the Navigate Student App. Ensure to select “Academic Advising” as the appointment type to be directed to their specific senior college for assistance.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college wishing to change majors to a program offered by another senior college, can schedule an appointment with a UCAC academic counselor and select “Change Major/Minor” as their service.
- Students pursuing admission into Allied Health, Pharmacy, or Pre-Public Health programs are able to meet with Mr. Anthony Oster, UCAC Allied Health and Pharmacy Advisor, regardless of the major they are pursuing or college in which they are enrolled. Ensure to select the appropriate service when scheduling your appointment.
NOTE: Non-UCAC students who schedule appointments with UCAC academic counselors will receive appointment cancellation notices and be directed to reschedule with the appropriate advising office to provide them with the best assistance possible.
Using the Navigate App to Schedule a Virtual Advising Appointment:
When scheduling a virtual appointment, select the following options as prompted:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule: Academic Advising (UCFY & UCAC)
- Service: Select the appropriate service based on your needs. If selecting advising ensure to select Advising (UCAC)
- Date: Select your desired appointment date
- Location: University College - Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC)
- Time: Select your desired appointment time
- How would you like to meet: Virtual
- Would you like to share anything: Please include your intended major, specific advising needs, and your preferred name and pronouns in the comment box.
- Select “Schedule” at the bottom of the screen to finalize your appointment
You will receive an appointment confirmation as well as a reminder which will provide a link to access the Zoom appointment.
VIRTUAL Drop-In Meetings (November 4 & 5)
During critical times in the semester, UCAC also offers drop-in meetings. UCAC will be offering virtual drop-in meetings on November 4th and 5th, to assist students needing to drop courses or resign by the university deadline (Friday, November 5th @ 4:30 PM). How to Schedule a Virtual Drop-In Meeting with UCAC