Rights & Responsibilities
A Charged Student or Registered Student Organization (RSO) shall have the following rights:
- To receive a Notification Letter through Written Communication of any specific allegation and Charge.
- To be provided a reasonable amount of time to respond to the Notification Letter,
- To refuse to comment or answer questions.
- To present information and/or any Material Observer.
- To have any Charge considered by a UHP.
- To schedule a time prior to the UHP hearing to inspect and review the information on which a Charge is based.
- To have an Accountability Outcome imposed that is commensurate with the violation
- To have an Advisor present during an Accountability Meeting.
- To receive a list of all Material Observers to be called by the University at least one business day prior to a UHP. However, a UHP may continue the proceedings to allow the University to identify any Material Observer to rebut any information presented by the Charged Student.
- To retain rights as a Student or RSO while the charges are being considered, and, if found Responsible, until the Student or RSO has exhausted all rights of appeal as established in this Code. However, a Student or RSO may be subject to an Interim Suspension, limitations or conditions as set forth in this Code.
A Charged Student shall have the following responsibilities:
- To be honest.
- To attend an appointment with the SAA Official on a specified date, time and location.
- To attend an Accountability Meeting scheduled by the SAA Official if included in the Notification Letter..