Provost's Fund: Faculty Travel Grants
The Provost’s Fund for Innovation in Research provides matching travel grants of up
to $1,000 to assist faculty with reimbursable expenses for research-related travel.
The program aims to enable faculty to present original research, scholarship, or creative
activity at national and international conferences and to support faculty visits to
program directors of federal funding agencies or attendance at proposal planning workshops
with federal funding agencies.
- Matching funds must be provided from department or college at a rate of 1:1.
- Faculty will be asked to provide a post-travel report of their activities.
- Fall (Travel with a start date between Oct 1 - Dec 31) Apply by September 29
- Spring (Travel with a start date between Jan 1 - Apr 30) Apply by November 24
- Summer (Travel with a start date between May 1 - Aug 31) Apply by April 1
Submit your application through the LSU Internal Grants & Awards Portal.
Faculty travel grant awardees
SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program
The SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration that stimulates scholarly initiatives
between universities of the Southeastern Conference. Supported directly from the Provosts
at each SEC institution, the program gives faculty from one SEC university the opportunity
to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, and conduct
research. Applications are typically accepted in the Spring for an internal peer-review,
with award notifications made in late May for travel in the following academic year
(August - July).