What is a Manship Ambassador?
The Manship Ambassadors are a select group of students in the Manship School of Mass Communication who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. This team of mass communication majors will present a positive image of the school and its students through internal and external events and activities. They will receive training and many other opportunities to develop their leadership and communication skills. Being selected as a Manship Ambassador is an honor and a distinction in the Manship School.
Purpose and Objectives
As a Manship Ambassador, you have the opportunity to lead student recruitment tours, promote the Manship School to parents, alumni and friends, and network with distinguished alumni at special events and offer prospective students an inside look into life as a Manship School student. Below is a list of a variety of activities you will be completing as an ambassador:
- Assist in the recruitment and retention process of prospective students
- Lead tours of the Manship School’s facilities and the Offices of LSU Student Media
- Be knowledgeable about the Manship School and general LSU information
- Assist in course scheduling during Spring Invitational and FOAP (summer sessions)
- Participate in outreach (Tiger Calls) during both fall and spring semesters
- Represent and serve the student body, faculty, staff and alumni of the Manship School
- Facilitate programs to welcome and educate prospective students
- Promote relationships among students, alumni and friends of the school
- Encourage students to continue their affiliation with the Manship School after graduation
- Promote and uphold the academic standards and excellence of the Manship School
Benefits to Being a Manship Ambassador
- Networking opportunity with Manship alumni
- Develop strong relationships with the faculty and staff of the Manship School
- Build connections to professionals in the media
- Leadership training and the opportunity to build leadership skills and experience
- Grow personally and professionally with fellow Manship students
- Meet with professional media practitioners
- Experience with events, including public speaking and participation in panels
- Monthly meetings/activities designed to expose ambassadors to all facets of media
Interested in Applying? | Online Application
The 2022-2023 Manship School Ambassador applications are now open! The online application is due Friday, March 25, 2022.
You must meet all applicant criteria below to be eligible to apply.
- Must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior mass communication major in fall 2021 (sophomore membership is contingent upon acceptance into the Manship School)
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Must be available to attend an on-campus retreat on Friday, April 22, 2022, from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Must have membership in at least one student organization at LSU or have work experience in Student Media
- Must have a sincere desire to represent the Manship School
- Must demonstrate effective speaking ability
- Must show ability to work well with others and to serve as a leader
- Must have dedication to group and time commitment
If you have any questions, please email Roxanne Dill at email@example.com.