You thrive on service learning opportunities and enjoy working with the community to address public health issues.
Pathway to Public Health
Our Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) program is designed as a 2 + 2 program where you will spend 2 years (on average) completing prerequisite coursework (60 credit hours) followed by 2 years with us at LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans for the remainder of your coursework.
- Designate your “major” at LSU as Pre-Public Health, which is a pre-professional/non-degree program at LSU
- Take the necessary pre-requisite courses for the Public Health program (LSU Health New Orleans)
- Maintain a high GPA, especially in math- and science-related coursework. Students must complete 60 semester hours in the foundational courses with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and a credit of “C” or better in all prerequisite courses prior to initial registration for the Bachelor of Public Health program.)
- Complete your personal on your interest and dedication to a career in public health.
- Gain relevant work and volunteer experience to increase understanding of public health issues.
Estimated Time to Completion
- 2 years of undergraduate coursework (60 hours)
- 2 years at LSU Health Science in New Orleans, LA (60 credit hours in Public Health specific coursework)
- 4-5 estimated total years of school after high school