You are business-minded with a green thumb, and you also have an interest in how crops are grown and distributed.
About Agricultural Business
Learn how raw products move from farm to table, including all of the functions of agricultural business. This major will allow you to focus on management, marketing, finance, and economics, while addressing questions and concerns involving the economics and sociology of agriculture, natural resources, and rural communities.
- Agribusiness Finance: Develop your knowledge of agriculture finance to pursue a career in rural development or investment practices.
- Food Industry Management: With its proximity in South Louisiana to a tradition of fine food from a variety of cultures, LSU is perfectly situated to provide you with the business tools to make the most of this tradition. In this agricultural business concentration, you will learn about processes and technology in the U.S. food industry.
- International Business: Learn about general agriculture practices while focusing on agriculture and international economics.
- Rural Development: This curriculum prepares you for a career in which you can assist local governments in nonprofit sectors to improve the livelihood and sustainability of rural areas.
- Agricultural extension agent
- Crop production specialist
- Data analyst
- Distribution and logistics manager
- Food distributor/wholesaler
- Food industry manager
- Land developer
- Public policy manager
- Rural development specialist
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Agriculture: High Intensity
- Business & Economics: High Intensity
- Communication: Low Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- View all course loads
- Disaster Science & Management
- Environmental Management Systems
- General Business
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management