Personalized Tutoring from the CAS
Trained peer tutors provide free, appointment-based sessions at the Shell Tutorial Center in the LSU Library.
Preparing for your tutoring sessions:
- Bring course materials and notes to each session.
- Do as much work as you can before engaging a tutor.
- Determine specific questions you would like to discuss with the tutor
Scheduling your tutoring session:
- Individual tutoring is offered in 30 minute blocks, up to two 30 minute blocks can be scheduled at a time for a full hour.
- Small group-tutoring is offered in 60 min blocks.
- After each session is completed, students can make additional appointments as needed.
- Walk-ins also accepted if tutor availability allows.
Accessibility Note: Below is an interactive dashboard displaying the Shell Tutoring schedule with options to filter by "Subject". If you are unable to access this content, please contact the Shell Tutorial Center at 225-578-6757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Tutoring Options
NetTutor Online Tutoring
In addition to free tutoring from CAS peer tutors, online tutoring is also available through NetTutor. Tutor availability varies, so please refer to the NetTutor website for schedules. Students begin with 900 free minutes. If additional minutes are needed, please email email@example.com.
Subjects offered are:
- Math: basic math through calculus II
- Business: statistics, finance, economics, accounting
- Science: general biology, anatomy and physiology, genetics, physics, chemistry
- World Language: Spanish
- Computers & Technology
Current LSU students use NetTutor, not Pisces.
Note: The CAS provides this free service through NetTutor, but does not employ NetTutor's tutors.
State of Louisiana Homework Help
The State of Louisiana Homework Help is a service provided by the State Library of Louisiana. You can access it anywhere in Louisiana or by using your Louisiana public library card.
In addition to Physics Tutoring provided by the LSU CAS, the Department of Physics & Astronomy also provides tutoring for select Physics courses.
Open to: All LSU Students taking selected Physics courses
In addition to Math Tutoring provided by the LSU CAS, the Department of Mathematics also provides tutoring for select Math courses.
Open to: All LSU Students taking selected Math courses
Residential College participants can meet with their instructors, advisor, and rector during virtual or in-hall office hours and have additional, specialized tutoring opportunities.
Open to: LSU Students living in Residential Colleges
Tutor Matching Service
As a courtesy to students and parents wanting individual assistance for students, the CAS provides a link to Tutor Matching Service (TMS) where LSU students can register to provide and receive tutoring for payment.
Interested in becoming an LSU Tutor?
Tutors are responsible for working one-on-one in their subject with students in the Shell Tutorial Center.