In accordance with LSU AgCenter directives, as well as local, state, and federal requirements, LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden shall take precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden Reopening Guidelines:
- In keeping with AgCenter guidelines, masks are required within all indoor spaces at LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens.
- Please maintain six feet of distance between yourself and anyone outside of your own household.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Grounds are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The entrance gate closes at 4:30 p.m. Guests who are inside prior to 4:30 are still able to get out, but it prevents more guests from entering.
- Information Center and restrooms are open.
- LSU Rural Life Museum outdoor portions and Windrush Gardens remain open to walk-in visitors.
- Tours to view our rental facilities must be scheduled in advance.
Please check our website for changes to scheduled programs and events.
For information on the Botanic Gardens, contact us at 225-763-3990.
For information on LSU Rural Life Museum events and activities, please contact 225-765-2347.
Covid-19 is an ever-evolving obstacle, so please continue to check our website for updates to our Covid policy. We hope the Botanic Gardens can continue to serve as a refuge to the public during this uncertain time. For more information regarding official updates from LSU please visit lsuagcenter.com/covid-19.