The following can be recycled in any LSU Campus green recycling dumpster, blue sidewalk recycling container, or blue indoor recycling bin:
- Plastic (#1-7) – (Bottles, jugs, containers, etc.)
- Cardboard – (Corrugated cardboard, box board, frozen food packaging, cereal boxes, etc.)
- Mixed Paper – (Newspaper, magazines, office paper, etc.)
- Aluminum/Steel/Tin Cans – (Cans, containers, foil, pie pans, etc.)
- Glass – (bottles, drinking containers and jars)
Used alkaline or rechargable batteries can be recycled in the following centralized locations on campus.
(Lead-acid batteries should be picked up by Environmental Health & Safety - 225-578-5640)
- Student Union – Information Center
- Middleton Library – Room 126
- UREC – Admin. Copy Room
- Patrick F. Taylor – Atrium
- Energy, Coast & Environment – First Floor Lobby
- Frey Computing Services – 2nd Floor Admin. Area
- Vet School – Various Locations
- U-STORES – Lobby
- Renewable Natural Resources – Lobby
- Life Sciences Building
- Life Sciences Annex
- Digital Media Center - Lobby
- Animal Science (Dalrymple)
- Property Mgt (River Rd. Annex)
Toner & Ink Cartridges
Toner and ink cartridges can be recycled at University Stores, or by calling the Recycling Office at 578-7968.
Vegetative debris may be brought to the Landscape Services roll-off lot and placed in the 30-yard roll-off container designated for the appropriate size of the vegetative debris. The roll-offs are separated into larger piece of debris (large branches, stumps, and logs), and smaller vegetative waste (leaves, grass, tiny branches), all of which gets reused as mulch.
Scrap metal may be brought to the Landscape Services roll-off lot and placed in the 30-yard roll-off container designated for scrap metal. This must be PURE scrap metal, and any equipment must have the fuel/oil completely drained out of it.
Concrete may be brought to the Landscape Services roll-off lot and placed in the 30-yard roll-off container designated for concrete. No wood or soil loads are allowed.
Electronic Waste (Students)
LSU now partners with the Capital Area Corporate Recycling Council (CACRC) once every semester to hold an electronic waste recycling collection event. Most all types of electronic waste is collected (cell phones, computers, monitors, keyboards, servers, etc.). Please check our social media periodically or contact our office (578-7968) for information on the next E-Waste collection event.
Electronic Waste (Faculty/Staff)
All electronics (including computers, cell phones, etc.) issued by LSU must be returned to Property Management when it is no longer needed (Property Management 578-6921).
LSU partners once per semester with the CACRC and LSU Property Management to hold an E-Waste recycling event for faculty and staff to bring electronic items to be given to Property Management and then recycled/reused in future.
Please check our social media periodically or contact our office (578-7968) for information on the next E-Waste collection event.
Fluorescent Bulbs, Motor Oil & Hazardous Waste
These wastes must be serviced by the Office of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS). Please call 578-5640. EHS Website.