The Wellness and Health Promotion staff collaborates with the LSU Police Department to bring you Rape Aggression Defense Classes, better known as RAD Classes, a 12-hour personal safety course for women. Classes are available to students, staff, faculty, and community members. Contact us at 225-578-5718 for more information.
Fall 2019 RAD Advanced Class:
*Registration opening soon.
You must have completed the full 12-hour RAD basic course to register for this class.
- Location: UREC on the LSU Campus.
- Wednesday, November 13, 4-8 p.m.
- Please bring your RAD manual from the basic course with you to this class.
The RAD lifetime return and practice policy allows you to return to any RAD basic Self Defense Class (wherever it is offered) and practice your skills to perfection at no cost.
Sponsored by the LSU Office of Wellness and Health Promotion and LSU Police Department.
For more information, call the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEAM (Tiger Education on Alcohol Matters) Class
The goal of this class is to educate students about alcohol-related behavior. Students will examine their own drinking patterns and learn skills to evaluate and adjust choices they make related to alcohol consumption. Students will learn to recognize high-risk situations and to minimize the potential negative consequences through preventive action, reduced consumption, or abstinence.
Registration Required: Students who are interested or have received a mandated referral for the class, please call the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 to reserve a seat in one of the following classes.
Fall 2019 Dates and Times:
- Location: Student Health Center, Room 296
- Friday, September 13, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 3, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 23, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Thursday, November 7, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 22, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 3, 1:30-3 p.m.
The Student Health Center (SHC) offers a free, one-hour class providing education concerning pelvic exams, pap smears, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and contraceptive methods. Students scheduling their first annual GYN exam at the SHC, should plan to attend the class prior to the appointment to ensure you receive all the information you need. Please call 225-578-5718 to reserve a seat.
Fall 2019 Dates and Times:
- Thursday, September 12, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 25, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 9, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 5, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 12, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the class or would prefer to meet individually and review concepts from the class, contact Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 to meet with a Health Educator.