The items below are only suggestions. Refer to the Living on Campus Handbook for a complete list of permissible items and campus living policies.
And remember, less is more! Talk with your roommate ahead of time about larger items you can share like a TV, refrigerator, or microwave.
These items are just suggestions.
- Twin or Twin XL Sheets (Most are Twin XL. View your res hall's page for measurements.)
- Throw Blanket
- Pillows & Pillow Cases
- Mattress Pad/Topper
- Posters & Photos
- Area Rug
- Curtains (Must be on a tension rod!)
- Lamps (No halogen or "Medusa" lamps!)
- Extra Storage Bins/Shelves/Shoe Rack
- Bulletin Boards & Tacks
- Sticky Tack & Non-permanent Adhesive Wall Hooks)
- See the Living on Campus Handbook for which communities allow what product.
- Small Took Kit
- Desk Lamp (No Halogen!)
- Trash Can & Recycle Bin
Tech & Entertainment
- Grounded 3-Prong Power Strips
- Surge Protector/Extension Cords
- Printer with Connection Cord (WiFi printing is not available)
- Computer and Accessories
- TV and Coaxial Cord
- Chargers for Electronics
- Ethernet Cable
- Microwave (up to 1000 Watts)
- Mini-Fridge (up to 5 cubic feet)
- Coffee Pot with Auto Shutoff
- Plates and Bowls
- Cups and Mugs
- Bag Clips
- Food Storage Containers
- Travel Mug or Reusable Water Bottle
- Stapler, Staples and Paper Clips
- Notebooks/Binder with Paper
- Pencils, Pens & Highlighters
- Sticky Notes
- Printer Paper
- Bring Important Documents for Hiring Process
- Interview attire
Health & Personal Care
- Wash Cloths and Towels
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Personal Hygiene Items, etc.
- Personal Medication
- First Aid Kit
- Hangers and Clothes
- Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Basket
- Broom & Dust Pan/Vacuum
- Full-length Mirror
- Charging Bank
- Rain Jacket
- Rain/All-weather Boots
- Bottled Water
- Can Opener
Leave at Home
- Bed Risers
- Alcohol/Illegal Drugs/Tobacco
- Weapons (including facsimile weapons)
- Candles, Incense, Melted Wax Products
- Halogen Lamps
- Open Heating Coil Appliances like Toasters, Waffle Irons, George Foreman Grills, Hot Plates, etc.
- Space Heaters and AC Units
- Wireless Internet Routers
- Pets & Animals
- Except fish in a 20-gallon or smaller tank.
- Except registered service or assistance animals.
Refer to the Living on Campus Handbook for a complete list of permissible items and campus living policies.