Edward Gay Apartments are available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, post-doctoral students or single parents. Priority is given to families in this convenient, affordable housing option.
The Edward Gay Apartments are basic cinder block construction units, located just a short walk away from classes, laboratories, libraries, and all the events the university has to offer.
How To Lease
Current Ed Gay Residents:
If you currently live in Edward Gay Apartments and want to renew your housing contract for summer 2019 and/or the 2019-20 academic year, you must complete the online contract renewal process between April 15, 2019, at 1 p.m. and April 29, 2019 at 10 a.m. Current residents must submit a $100 non-refundable advance rent payment and a $10 non-refundable processing fee. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent.
All contracts must be completed online via myLSU > Student Services > On-campus Housing.
To apply to live in Edward Gay, you must complete the online application and submit $100 non-refundable advance rent payment, a $50 non-refundable application fee, and a $10 non-refundable processing fee. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent if space is available.
Contact us for current apartment availability.
April 15, 2019 at 1 p.m. - Current Residents can begin contracting for Summer 2019 and 2019-20
April 29, 2019 at 10 a.m. - Summer 2019 and 2019-20 Contracting Closes
May 31, 2019 - Residents who did not lease for the summer or next academic year must vacate apartment
June 3, 2019 at 1 p.m. - New Applications Accepted in myLSU
July 1 - 2019-20 Contract Cancellations Due
|Edward Gay Apartments
540 sq. feet
|$730/month or $3,650/semester|
|Edward Gay Apartments
645 sq. feet
|$790/month or $3,950/semester|
- Units are unfurnished, but do include a stove, refrigerator, central air and heat, and mini-blinds.
- Coin-operated laundry facility on site
- Rent includes all utility costs (electricity, gas, sewage, and water), Internet, local phone service and basic cable TV service.
- Cinder block construction with tile floors
- Security fence, security cameras and gated parking
- Modern fenced-in playground
- Close to Highland Road, with access to shops, restaurants, and a drug store
- Apartments are open year round, but are rented for an academic year contract time with the option to continue for the summer term.
- The entire semester’s rent is due at the time the student fee bill is due. Payment options are available with the Bursar’s Office at 225-578-3357.
- Residential Life does not assign roommates. A renting student may choose to live with a roommate of the same gender who meets the requirements of living in the apartments.
- All residents must be in compliance with the Family & Graduate Living on Campus Handbook.