Edward Gay Apartments are available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, post-doctoral students or single parents. The Edward Gay Apartments are basic cinder block construction units, located just a short walk away from classes, laboratories, libraries, and all the events the university has to offer.
Edward Gay Apartments will remain open for normal operations for the upcoming academic year (2022-23) but will permanently close on June 1, 2023.
How To Lease
Current Ed Gay Residents:
To renew to your same apartment for the 2022-23 academic year, complete the online contract renewal process in April 2022.
Current residents must submit a $100 non-refundable advance rent payment and a $10 non-refundable processing fee. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent.
All contracts must be completed online in the myLSU housing portal.
Applications are not being accepted for new residents at this time.
April 2022 - Current residents can renew for 2022-23
May 31, 2022 - Residents who did not lease for the summer or next academic year must vacate apartments.
|Edward Gay Apartments
540 sq. feet
|$780/month or $3,900/semester|
|Edward Gay Apartments
645 sq. feet
|$850/month or $4,250/semester|
- Units are unfurnished, but do include a stove, refrigerator, central air and heat, and mini-blinds.
- Coin-operated laundry facility on site
- Rent includes all utility costs (electricity, gas, sewage, and water), Internet, local phone service and basic cable TV service.
- Cinder block construction with tile floors
- Security fence, security cameras and gated parking
- Modern fenced-in playground
- Close to Highland Road, with access to shops, restaurants, and a convenience store
- Apartments are open year round, but are rented for an academic year contract time with the option to continue for the summer term.
- The entire semester’s rent is due at the time the student fee bill is due. Payment options are available with the Bursar’s Office at 225-578-3357.
- Residential Life does not assign roommates. A renting student may choose to live with a roommate of the same gender who meets the requirements of living in the apartments.
- All residents must be in compliance with the Family & Graduate Living on Campus Handbook.