If you currently live on campus and want to request a room or building change:
- Meet with your in-hall professional staff for a room change referral.
- Process room change referral with the Assignments Team in Grace King Hall.
- See the Residential Life Assignments staff in Grace King Hall Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Complete your room change approval paperwork.
- Complete Room Change Friday-Sunday
- Go to your new room’s front desk between 6-8 p.m. on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and provide your LSU ID and room change approval paperwork. Officially check in to your new room assignment.
- Receive you new room key and card access.
- Move your belongings.
- Return to your original room’s front desk to officially check out of the room and return your key (if a physical key).
- You must complete the room change process by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. or you will be charged for both spaces.
If you have a vacant space in your room or apartment:
- You must complete the Room Vacancy Agreement to indicate if you:
- Request to keep your room as private by paying 1.5 x rate of the room. This guarantees another student will not be assigned to that vacant space.
- Agree to keep one side of the room or the entire apartment bedroom clear of belongings in case another student gets assigned to the room. That vacant space could be assigned to a student at any time throughout the semester.