Contractor Parking & Permit Policy:
All contractors performing work on the university campus are required to obtain proper parking credentials through the Parking & Transportation Services office. If a contractor would like to request access to a specific lot and/or space within a given lot, they must coordinate with their LSU Project Manager or point of contact, and Parking & Transportation Services. All contractor vehicles on campus must be registered with Parking & Transportation Services, and must provide an up-to-date vehicle make, model, color, and license plate number. Contractors with a valid parking pass must request access to a specific lot. Contractors will be granted access only to their approved lot.
- Parking within C reserved lots or B Central areas is granted to outside entities only on an as-needed basis. There is too great of a demand from LSU staff/faculty to allow for outside companies/individuals to have reserved parking for convenience only. In order to determine if the need is sufficient to grant access to gated areas, you are asked to provide the requested information below. Please note the following:
- Parking Permits and Gate Access Devices should be picked up and requested by a supervisor,
unless prior notification was emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that another person
will be picking up the permits and/or gate access devices on behalf of the company
and will have the required payment.
Contractors/Vendors/Service Providers in need of access to a reserved lots on campus will be assigned, on an as-needed basis, and charged the appropriate rates for C-Plan parking permits.
- For those who qualify, central (“easy-street”) parking is available to personnel in
need of access to street parking and not a reserved lot. These personnel will be charged
the appropriate rates for B-plan parking permits.
All personnel not requiring access to campus, will be assigned to parking lots surrounding campus and assigned an A-plan parking permit(s) and will be charged the associated rates.
- Payments for parking permits are accepted via cash, credit card, checks, and money
orders. Payment is required upon picking up parking permits and gate access devices.
Gate access devices MUST be returned to our office when your parking permit expires. Upon return of the gate access device(s), your $30 deposit will be refunded to your LSU account. You will be able to pick up this refund from the LSU Bursar’s Office located in Thomas Boyd Hall.
- If your company is a subcontractor, permits and gate access devices MUST be picked up and requested by the General Contractor.
- Please be thorough and detailed in providing the information below. Incomplete or unanswered sections may result in the request being delayed or denied.
- Please allow 48 hours for permit request approval by the Director.
Contractor Staging & Permit Refund Policy: NO refunds will be issued from our office.
Contractor Parking & Staging Rates
|Cost Per Stall / Space||Daily||Weekly||Monthly||Annual|
|Core of Campus||$15||$75||$130||$1,100|
|Proximal / Commuter / Residential Zone(s)||$10||$40||$100||$550|
|All Zone "X" Lots||$4||$10||$15||$100|
|South Levee (Gourrier Avenue @ River Road)||Contact PTS||Contact PTS||Contact PTS||Contact PTS|
Gate Access Device: $30 refundable deposit (per device)
Note: Gate Access Devices are only issued to personnel with a Campus Core Plan parking permit, providing access to the campus B & C lots.