NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (NSF 23-1)
Applicants must follow the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG NSF 23-1) for proposals due on or after January 30, 2023.
Key Changes include:
- FastLane will no longer be used for proposal submissions after January 27, 2023. Last day to submit proposal file updates/budget revisions in FastLane or download FastLane submitted proposals will be September 29, 2023.
- Updated format for the NSF Biosketch and Current and Pending Support Form which require the PI sign to certify the information is current, accurate and complete. The mandatory use of SciENcv will be required for proposals due on or after October 23, 2023. In the interim, proposers my use NSF fillable PDF or SciENcv. The revised templates are now available at https://www.nsf.gov/bfa/dias/policy/.
- Requirement for proposers to have a plan for Safe and Inclusive Working Environments for Off-Campus and Off-Site Research.
- Requirement for faculty and other senior personnel to take Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research training for all proposals submitted on or after July 31, 2023.
- Summary of Changes can be found at https://beta.nsf.gov/policies/pappg/23-1/summary-changes.
You can view the NSF overview of the PAPPG 23-1 at https://nsfpolicyoutreach.com/resources/fall-2022-gc-revisions-to-the-pappg-nsf-23-1/.
Please note that NSF Grants.gov applications have an issue where the budget information is not retrieved by Research.gov. It is our understanding that NSF will be updating the code in January 2023 to correct this issue. At this time, we recommend use of Research.gov for all NSF submissions until this is resolved.