The New Project Request Process is now live. IT project requests are received, evaluated, and guided through the IT Governance approval process by PMO staff. Approved projects are prioritized based on strategic value toward the goals of the institution as well as with the availability of the resources needed to implement the solution.
Benefits of this new process:
- This project request process has identified questions to aid in PMO project request processing.
- Each project request will be facilitated by an ITS Account Representative who will assist in obtaining all necessary information to process the project request as well as maintain close contact with the Stakeholder throughout the entire project request process.
- Due to these process improvements, processing time for project requests will be reduced significantly.
What is a Project?
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) defines a project in the following manner.
- A project is an effort with a defined beginning and end in which it is it has a Project Manager/Product Manager resource assigned.
- A project is unique in that it is not a routine operation, but a specific set of operations designed to accomplish a singular goal. The project is undertaken to produce a unique product, service, or result.
- Once the project is complete the products, services, or results created from the project are often transitioned to an operational state and maintained separately.
This new form is available in the ITS Self-Service Portal Service Catalog. To submit a project request, you will log in to the customer portal with your myLSU username and password and select Professional Services from within the Service Catalog. For more detailed information, please review this GROK article: New Project Request – Requestor.
How do I get help?
A Project Request is the starting point for all technology related software projects. This form serves as a starting point for gathering necessary information on the scope, schedule, and resources requirements for the project. This information helps the PMO determine the best course of action for addressing your project request.
For any questions or issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk via the ITS Customer Self-Service Portal.