LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
The application cycle for the 2018 LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship is now open and will close on Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 4:30pm. Application packets should be submitted in hard copy form to LSU International Programs, 101 Hatcher Hall. Please contact Ines Johnson, Coordinator of Grants and Development, at email@example.com with questions. Good Luck!!!!
Please note that this a merit based scholarship; you must have a GPA of at least 3.5 to be considered for this award. Please see below for additional qualification requirements.
Please read CAREFULLY the qualifications to receive this scholarship, listed below:
Applications are accepted for undergraduate and graduate students who:
- Have completed and earned at least 30.0 classroom credit hours (Undergraduate) or 12.0 credit hours (graduate) at LSU by the end of the current semester, AND
- Have a minimum of AT LEAST a 3.50 or equivalent on LSU course work and overall (cumulative) grade point average, AND
- Are classified as a non-immigrant (temporary U.S. visa status) while attending LSU.
Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of:
- Leadership Experience: students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills, involvement in organizations, and community service, both in their home country and in the local community.
- Global Engagement: students who have engaged with the LSU and local community, thus fostering the internationalization of LSU. Winners may be asked to represent LSU on international educational missions.
- Diversity: students who have overcome challenges, or who come from diverse and underrepresented circumstances.
- Completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation from LSU instructors or professors with whom one has completed/are taking a course.
- A short CV that includes a statement telling the selection committee of the candidate’s strengths in leadership, engagement, diversity, and academic achievements other than GPA (maximum of 300 words).
- A short statement summarizing the value of coming to LSU may have in furthering your career from an international perspective (maximum 100 words).
This is a $2,500 one-time cash award to be credited to the student’s account at the university.
Six scholarships will be awarded: 2 undergraduate (1 male, 1 female) and 4 graduate (2 male, 2 female).
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4:30pm January 31st, 2018 AND MUST INCLUDE FALL 2017 ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE.
The applicant is responsible for submitting all required application materials to LSU International Programs. Send to:
Dr. Hector Zapata
Associate Vice Provost for International Programs
Past Presidents of the LSU Alumni Association Alumni Professor
Attn: LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
LSU International Programs
102 Hatcher Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
For questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org