Studying in another country for a semester or a year is a lief-changing experience personally, academically, and professionally. You won't be the same after this! LSU offers students over 180 universities to choose from in 50 countries:
- Bilateral Exchanges: you pay tuition/fees at LSU while living and studying at one of our partner universities
- Direct Enroll Programs: you pay tuition/fees "directly" to the host institution (you can still get your LSU financial aid!)
If our partner universities aren't what you're looking for, LSU also belongs to a few consortia of universities around the globe. Because LSU is a member, you are eligible to go to any of their other member institutions. The consortia to which LSU belongs are:
- International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
- Global Engineering Education Exchange (Global E3) - this one is only open to Engineering majors
- National Student Exchange
Steps to Study Abroad
- Learn about the different types of study abroad programs at LSU
You can join us for an info session! Or, if you can't make it to one of our info sessions, watch this video. Want to search all of our programs by major or country? Try running an advanced search.
- Research your options and set your goals (academic, personal, and professional)
- Apply for a passport
- Attend a one-on-one advising session with a study abroad advisor
- Submit your application!
- While waiting for your acceptance letter, research life in your host university
- Fall 2023 programs: February 24, 2023
- Spring 2024 programs: September 15, 2023
How do you apply? Find the program you're interested in on our study abroad portal and click the "apply now" button!