Welcome to LSU!
Hello new faculty & staff! We hope you are excited about beginning your career with LSU. Whether you've just started your career, are new to academia or are a seasoned professional, we hope your experience will be a rewarding and challenging one.
Hopefully, you will have a smooth transition into your new position at LSU. The following information is provided to help you get acquainted with the university and become comfortable in your new role.
As a new employee, you will receive three emails, one to your home email address and two to your @lsu.edu email address. HRM, email@example.com, will send the first email to your home email that includes information regarding your PAWS ID, LSU email, and how to create a password. Two additional emails will be in your LSU email account regarding mandatory new employee training and how to access the university’s self-service system, Workday, and complete essential employment information such as your contact data, biographical information, hiring forms, preferred payment elections, and more.
Please take time to review the next few pages that will guide you in completing the many tasks that should be accomplished within the first few weeks of employment.
New Employee Checklist
First Days at LSU
- Set up your email
- Complete Authorization and Driver’s History Form and register for the Driver’s Training Course, if applicable.
- Apply for LaCarte card and register for LaCarte training, if applicable.
- Receive building and/or office keys and codes, if applicable.
- Set up office phone and voicemail. Receive long distance code and copier code, if applicable.
- Receive and review office policies, office hours, organizational chart and department phone list.
- Become acquainted with your office; take a tour of the building, locate restrooms, meet the department staff and your HR Contact.
- Introduction to Workday (video)
- Complete Onboarding in Workday
- Onboarding for Transients & WAEs
- Onboarding for Students & GAs
- Complete Mandatory New Employee Training
- New Employee Orientation
- Introduction to myLSU (video)
- Tiger Card
- Get Connected
- Attend Geaux Gold
- Hours and Breaks
New Employee Event Spotlight: Geaux Gold
As a new employee at LSU, enriching your career and enhancing your development is a top priority. The Training and Development division within the Office of Human Resource Management offers a stellar program geared to improving your career experience here on campus. Within this program, new hires discover the golden gems of LSU: learn about the history, culture, and traditions of our university, the perks of being an LSU employee, ways to get involved on campus, and the ins-and-outs of what it means to work at our university. The Geaux Gold program helps new hires build a lifelong connection to LSU, allows new hires to hear from guest speakers from all over campus, and have networking opportunities.
If you are interested in attending, check out dates after your initial hire date and register for Geaux Gold.
Campus Federal Credit Union is LSU's Credit Union. Open the Credit Union Difference video on their YouTube channel.