Process Used When Entering Intermittent FMLA
For intermittent absences in Workday submit the appropriate FMLA time off option.
MANAGER NOTE: For new/first time intermittent FMLA time off requests, managers should use the Add Approvers option for routing to an Employee Relations Partner for approval to use intermittent FMLA time off. After the first intermittent request has been approved by LaTausha Duncan, Employee Relations Partner, no other request will require approval by an Employee Relations Partner (during the entitlement period).
The following steps should be followed:
- Go to Actions→Select: Time and Leave→ Select: Enter Time Off (a calendar will appear).
- Select the days off on the calendar for Intermittent FMLA.
- Click on the Submit tab at the bottom of the page.
- Select the type (this should only be an Intermittent FMLA Qualifying Health Condition type) – Enter the daily quantity.
- Click the green Submit tab at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: If you select more leave than you have available in the leave balance, you will receive an error.