Below are tools that managers and HR contacts may access that may be beneficial during the recruitment process.
Employee Benefits At-A-Glance
The Employee Benefits At-A-Glance document may be printed in it's original version. Do not edit.
Live Capitalized is an online resource for newcomers to the region, those considering relocating to the Capital Region, as well as long-time residents interested in further local engagement. The site includes information about residential/housing options, job openings, leisure time activities and opportunities to network, organized in four main searchable categories of community, career, downtime and connect.
Living in Louisiana
- 7th Best Living Environment - Chief Executive magazine named Louisiana No. 7 in the nation for best living environment in the 2014 ranking of Best & Worst States for Business.
- Happiest State in the Country - Six Louisiana cities were ranked in the top 10 happiest cities in the U.S. in 2014, according to Harvard and Vancouver School of Economics researchers.
- Louisiana’s homestead exemption means less money spent on taxes for your home and more money that stays in your pocket.
- 4th in Early Education Quality - According to a 2015 Education Week report, Louisiana ranks 4th in the nation for early education quality.
- 4th Lowest Cost of Living in the Country - The 2013 annual state-level ACCRA cost of living index ranked Louisiana as the state with the 4th-lowest cost of living in the country based on the cost of housing, health care, groceries, transportation and other goods and services.
- Southwest Louisiana’s Creole Nature Trail, a 180-mile scenic byway that received an All-American Road designation, attracts more than 200,000 visitors each year.
- Live in the Capital Region
- Work in the Capital Region
- Play in the Capital Region
The Visit Baton Rouge website is an excellent resource for all things Baton Rouge.
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber is a non-profit, investor-driven organization with over 1,000 members businesses, civic organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.