Class of 2020 is coming soon.
In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the LSU Commitment to Community, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2020, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the LSU Commitment to Community through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2020;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May 2020); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
The Tiger Twelve nomination process closed on Friday, January 31, 2020. Nomination registration
The Tiger Twelve application process closed on Friday, February 14, 2020. Apply here
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2020 will be recognized in a reception held on Saturday, April 25 from 2:30-5:00 p.m. in the Rotunda of the LSU Business Education Complex.
If you have any questions, please email us or call (225) 578-9442.