Students in the School of Education’s early childhood education program prepared and displayed ‘pop-up’ events at the Knock Knock Children’s Museum, a state-of-the-art facility rooted in research and evidence-based practices addressing all areas of development, on April 3-6, 2018. Children ages 3 to 8 were welcome to partake in different activities such as banner painting, paper egg dyeing, and parachute crafting, to name a few.
The World is Your Classroom
Globally engaged. Collaborative. Culturally competent. All are words used to describe the Geaux Global exchange program through the LSU College of Human Sciences & Education. Geaux Global allows teachers the opportunity to teach English as a second language in Chile while living with a Chilean host family. Graduate student, Caroline Hulin, experience Chilean culture first-hand and gained a new perspective on teaching through this unique summer abroad program.
Across the Lifespan
The Early Childhood Education Laboratory Preschool’s (ECELP) commitment to excellence was recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) as the program has received national accreditation. The LSU ECELP is one of only 25 preschools in the state of Louisiana to achieve this recognition.
- Early Childhood Education Students Host ‘Pop-Up’ Events at Knock Knock Children’s Museum
- Geauxing Global: A Day in the Life
- LSU’s School of Education Receives a Louisiana Department of Education Grant for Mentor Training for Year-Long Student Teacher Residencies
- School of Education Alumna Uses Virtual Reality to Educate Youth About Louisiana’s Vanishing Coast
- School of Education Professor, Dr. Kerri Tobin, Makes Reading Aloud a Family Affair through Literacy Partnerships
- Early Childhood Education Laboratory Preschool Earns National Association for the Education of Young Children Accreditation