Outstanding Undergraduate Research
Kinesiology senior Madison Hopper received the first place award for her poster presentation in the STEM division of LSU Discover Day 2018. Hopper’s presentation titled “The Relationship Between Hand Use and the Direction of Handwriting” examined the varying styles of handwriting in left-handed versus right-handed individuals. Her six-month study was supported and monitored by Associate Professor of Kinesiology Dr. Arend Van Gemmert, who is the director of the Fine Motor Control and Learning Laboratory on campus.
ADVANCEMENTS IN LEADERSHIP WORLDWIDE
Dr. Sunyoung Park, Assistant Professor, has recently published several different articles pertaining to Human Resources and Leadership Development in various conditions. Her work includes investigations in HRD efforts and employees attitudes in the Korean context, examines literature on global leadership competencies and behaviors, and explores work engagement in nonprofit organizations.
IMPROVEMENTS IN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH LABOR FORCE ACROSS LOUISIANA
School of Social Work's Dr. Scott Wilks received a $1.92M four-year grant from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Human Resources and Services Administration. The primary purpose of the program is to develop and increase the skilled, professional social work labor force across Louisiana to meet the increasing demands of integrated behavioral healthcare across the lifespan.
- Kinesiology’s Senlin Chen, Receives External Funding to Study Childhood Obesity Prevention
- Dr. Sunyoung Park published articles pertaining to Human Resource and Leadership Development in various conditions
- Dr. Per Svensson received the European Association for Sport Management’s (EASM) Best Paper Award
- Kinesiology Senior Places First in STEM Poster Presentations at LSU Discover Day 2018
- Dr. Robinson Presents Her Research on Issues Related to Colorism at the CARE Conference in Las Vegas
- Dr. Mitchell presented his research at International Association for Conflict Management which examined the differences between the perceptions from men and women in negotiation situations
- Dr. Park published research in European Journal of Training and Development
- LSU School of Social Work’s Dr. Scott Wilks receives $1.92M grant to increase and enhance behavioral health labor force across Louisiana
- Kinesiology Professor Chen Received NIH Funding to Battle Childhood Obesity
- Dr. Cynthia DiCarlo to Present Research in Paris
- Dr. Erin M. Casey Receives SECU Grant