Scheduling Academic Advising and Professional Development Appointments
The Office of Business Student Success team is here to support you through academic
advising and professional development appointments. Keep reading to learn how to schedule
one-on-one time with our team.
If you are a prospective student who would like a tour, please email Jordan Lizana with your preferred date. Tours are available Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m.
The Office of Business Student Success primarily offers appointments (both in person
and via Zoom) for advising, but we also occasionally offer drop-ins during busy times,
for example, at the start of the semester or on the last day to drop courses.
All appointments are scheduled using the Navigate app. If you do not see an available appointment time, periodically check on appointment availability using Navigate. Keep in mind that the appointment schedule may only be viewed up to two weeks out; appointments are opened up every other day or so throughout each semester. During peak advising times, we suggest checking Navigate regularly.
Masks are encouraged and appreciated for in person appointments.
This information is for currently enrolled students (fall 2021).
To access both virtual and in person appointments with an academic counselor please
download the most current version of the Navigate app from the App Store or Google Play and follow the steps below. Please observe whether you are scheduling an in-person
or virtual appointment; these appointments are not interchangeable, so be sure to
select the type you prefer.
Use these steps to schedule your appointment.
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule: Academic Advising
- Service: Select the appropriate service based on your needs.
- Date: Select your desired appointment date.
- Click “Find Available Times.”
- Select a time within the E. J. Ourso College of Business that works best for you.
- Select how you would like to meet: “Virtual” or “In Person.” If this option is preselected, it means there is only one appointment type available during the time you selected. Masks are encouraged and appreciated for in-person appointments.
- Would you like to share anything else? Please include your intended major, specific advising needs, and your preferred name and pronouns in the comment box.
- Select “Schedule” at the bottom of the screen to finalize your appointment.
The OBSS Professional Development team is eager to help with topics like career exploration, résumés, cover letters, interview prep, and internship/job searches. They are not able to assist with academic advising needs.