Paul P. Price, III (Trey)
Macon Ridge Research Station
212A Macon Ridge Road
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Phone: (318) 435-2157
Fax: (318) 435-2133
Mobile: (308) 235-9805
B. S., Agronomy, Louisiana Tech University, 1999
M. S., Biology, Louisiana Tech University, 2000
Ph. D., Plant Pathology, Louisiana State University, 2013
Areas of Specialization/Extension & Research Activities
- Disease management in corn, cotton, grain sorghum, oats, peanut, rice, soybean, and wheat focusing on seed treatment/in-furrow and foliar fungicide efficacy.
- Discovery and delineation of fungicide resistance in major crop pathogens, and development of avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Novel, emerging, and re-emerging disease discovery along with subsequent management strategy development.
- Relating remote-sensing to disease identification and quantification in agronomic crops as related to disease severity and yield loss.
- Cultivar evaluation for disease resistance and variety development.
- Statewide responsibilities for cotton pathology and disease management education in all field crops listed above.
- Primary pathology contact for all crops in the northeast region (12 parishes) with shared statewide responsibilities.
- Involved in many collaborative extension/research applied projects in the crops listed above geared towards developing practical solutions to yield-limiting diseases for farmers.
Selected Active Grants
- Harrison, S. A., P. Price, and D. Groth. Development of FHB Resistant Wheat Genotypes Adapted to the Gulf Coast. USDA/US Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative.
- P. Price, et al. Multiple projects funded by the Louisiana Soybean and Grain Research and Promotion Board related to disease management in corn, grain sorghum, soybean, and wheat.
- P. Price, et al. Enhanced Pest Control Systems for Mid-South Soybean Production. United Soybean Board and Mid-South Soybean Board.
- P, Price, et al. Further Defining the Threat of CLRDV in Louisiana Cotton. Cotton Incorporated – Louisiana State Support Committee
- P. Price, et al. Development of Prediction Tools for Diseases and Mycotoxins affecting Corn to Better Inform Management Decisions – USDA-ARS-NPMTI
- P. Price, et al. Louisiana Cotton Disease Predictive Tool Development – USDA-ARS-NPMTI
- P. Price, et al. Multiple collaborative efforts with industry investigating efficacy of registered and experimental fungicides.