Student Registration and Payments

The university is implementing several new payment options as part of its COVID-19 Response:

The university offers a payment plan for summer semester (excludes intersessions) tuition and fees: 

  • 50% down, remaining 50% payable over two payments* 

*Two payments are due July 1 and August 1

There is a $15 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans

The university offers three (3) payment plan options for current semester tuition and fees for the Fall and Spring semesters.

  1. 50% down, remaining 50% spread over three payments*
  2. 25% down, remaining 75% spread over three payments*
  3. 10% down, remaining 90% spread over three payments*
*Three payments are due October 1, November 1, December 1 for Fall and March 1, April 1, and May 1 for Spring.
 

There is a $15 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans

Beginning with the 1D2021 second summer module, the university will offer a payment plan for current module tuition and fees.

  •  50% down, remaining 50% payable 21 days after the 1st day of class 

There is a $15 non-refundable enrollment fee for all payment plans   

Beginning with spring intersession, international students may pay their student account balance using Flywire.  Flywire commits to providing the best exchange rates.

Download Flywire Flyer

Frequently Asked Questions 

To complete registration, you must access your Fee Bill through myLSU > Registration Services > Fee Bill. Registration must be completed by the published date that is listed on the on-line Fee Bill. Students who do not complete registration by the deadline date will be subject to cancellation of their course schedule and assessment of the $75 late registration service charge. However, the $75 late registration service charge will be waived for 2020 summer and fall semesters.

If your balance is zero, you are still required to complete registration by selecting the Complete Registration button on myLSU > Registration Services > Fee Bill.

Completing registration will prevent your course reservations from being dropped from your schedule.

Bank Draft

Pay your fee bill with a bank draft on myLSU by going to Registration Services > Fee Bill.

An approved payment in process will protect your schedule from being purged. Please note a $25 service fee will be assessed on all payments returned due to insufficient funds.

Credit Card

Pay your fee bill with a Master Card, Visa, American Express or Discover credit card on myLSU by going to Registration Services > Fee Bill.

Please note a 2.5% processing fee will be added to credit card payments.

  • Deferred Payment Plan (not available for intersessions or modules)
  • Payroll Deduction (if eligible)

 ***Please note the appropriate payment plan can be selected on myLSU > Registration Services.

Anticipating some form of aid (i.e. scholarships, grant, loan or exemption)? If so, please note the following:

  • All anticipated aid, scholarships, and exemptions indicated are contingent upon the specified requirements for receiving such aid. If for any reason you do not receive an anticipated award, you will be responsible for the full balance of your account.
  • If your financial aid posts and is greater than the amount that you owe the University, you will be issued a refund for the remaining balance the first week of class. This process will continue daily as funds are received.
  • The anticipated aid will be applied to all current debt and to new semester charges.

Many financial aid and scholarship awards require full-time enrollment.  For fall and spring semesters, full-time is 12 hours for undergraduates and 9 hours for graduate students.  If you are waitlisted for classes, those credit hours will not be counted until the class is added to your schedule.   

 

Direct deposit is recommended for student financial aid and other credit balance refunds. Direct deposit may be selected on myLSU > Financial Services > Direct Deposit by entering a routing number and account number.

The myProxy application allows LSU users to grant access to certain myLSU applications to other people, where others can login and "act on behalf" of the LSU user. For instance, students can give their parents access to their Fee Bill, where the parents can login and see the Fee Bill application as if they were the student themselves.

For more information on myProxy, you may access LSU’s GROK Article: my proxy - Create an LSU Community Account.

What is a Form 1098-T?
The Form 1098-T, tuition statement, is a document used to assist in the calculation of education tax credits.  Many taxpayers and even tax preparers assume because Form 1098-T is an official IRS form, that the numbers may simply be entered on a tax return without further adjustment, but Form 1098-T is not a ‘plug and play’ document.

 
What information is reported on Form 1098-T?
Educational institutions are required to report the following for each student:

  • Social Security Number, Name, Address
  • Payments received (Box 1) for qualified tuition and related expenses charged in the tax year
  • Decreases to amounts reported in Box 1 of a previously issued Form 1098-T (Box 4)
  • The amount of scholarships/grants/fellowships/exemptions posted in the tax year (Box 5)
  • Decreases to amounts reported in Box 5 of a previously issued Form 1098-T (Box 6)
  • Was the student enrolled as at least a half-time student (Box 8)
  • Was the student enrolled as a graduate student (Box 9)

 
What should I do if I have not received my Form 1098-T?
Forms 1098-T are mailed by January 31. If you have not received a Form 1098-T by the end of the first week in February, click here to print your 1098-T. 

 

What if my 1098-T form is wrong?
Only transactions posted between January 1 and December 31 of the tax year are used in the calculation. Qualified tuition and related expenses include tuition, nonresident fee, some international fees, and other required fees. Some fees that are not considered qualified tuition and related expenses are housing, meal plans, TigerCash, penalties, or fines. Please note, this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. 

 

Why does Box 5 seem much higher than Box 1?
Payments received as reported in Box 1 are capped at the total qualified tuition and related expenses posted during the calendar year. For example, if registration is completed in December 2020 and scholarships are posted in January 2021, the next calendar year, a student may notice that Box 5 is higher than Box 1.

 

Why didn’t LSU prepare a Form 1098-T for me?
There are a number of reasons why a form would not be prepared. 

  • If the qualified tuition and related expenses were paid entirely by scholarships/grants/ exemptions/fellowships.
  • Qualified tuition and related expenses were assessed in the previous calendar year for a term that began after January 1 of the subsequent year.
  • If a student resigned for the only term in which they were enrolled during a calendar year.

If Form 1098-T is not located on myLSU > Financial Services > Tax Documents we were not required to produce a form for you. 

 

What amounts are included in Box 1, "Payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses?"
Only payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses are reported in Box 1. Qualified tuition and related expenses include tuition, nonresident fee, some international fees, and other required fees. Some fees that are not considered qualified tuition and related expenses are housing, meal plans, TigerCash, and penalties. Please note, this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. 

 

What amounts are included in Box 5, "Scholarships or grants?"
Scholarships/grants/exemptions/fellowships administered and processed by the University are included in Box 5.

 

Who do I contact with questions about Form 1098-T?
If you are a student at LSU A&M, email bursar@lsu.edu with your questions.

Below is contact information for other LSU campuses:

Campus Contact Phone Number E-mail
LSU Alexandria Lisa Smith (318) 473-6405 lisas@lsua.edu
LSU Eunice Audwin Donatto (337) 550-1229 adonatto@lsue.edu
LSU Continuing Education   (225) 578-2500 answers@outreach.lsu.edu


 

 

Contact Us

Email: bursar@lsu.edu
Phone: 225-578-3357
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

University Cashier Hours

Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. and
12:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
(for departmental transactions)

Documents

AS Forms

Policies & Procedures