Our team is committed to student success. Listening to and learning more about our students on an ongoing basis is essential in achieving that mission.
Student Affairs is home to six large departments, other units critical to student success, and numerous programs, services, and events.
As marketing and communications professionals across the Division of Student Affairs, our team is responsible for the strategic development and management of initiatives to support successful recruitment, engagement, and retention of students on the road to graduation. We develop and maintain relationships with prospective students, current students, parents and families, alumni, donors, sponsors, and other friends.
Our team targets specific audiences with results-oriented campaigns, manages dozens of social media feeds across the university in a variety of channels, and creates publications and materials keeping sustainability as a priority.
The central office is keenly aware of the need to do more with less and places a strong emphasis on digital, social, and mobile marketing, as well as marketing technology. The division's Marketing Communications Council leads efforts in:
- Connecting marketing to divisional and university strategy
- Engaging students, alumni, and all audiences with messages about student success
- Focusing on key priorities
- Strengthening internal capabilities and resources
- Organizing agile cross-functional working groups
- Sharing content and engaging in critical dialogue
If you have questions about marketing communications within our division and/or student affairs at LSU, please contact us.
The LSU Student Affairs Marketing Communications Council is a peer group for professionals responsible in their units for promoting programs, services, and events to prospective and current students through marketing, communications, web, social media, and mobile strategies.
Each department within the Division of Student Affairs is represented on the Marcom Council to foster collaboration on retention and success initiatives. We work together at our project management platform and meet regularly for brainstorming and professional development. Members include:
- Central Office -- Office of the Vice President -- Pam Coltharp (Chair)
Office of the Dean of Students -- Michelle Lowery
- Office of the Dean of Students -- Campus Life -- Alison Paz
- Office of the Dean of Students -- Greek Life -- Camille Beste
Olinde Career Center -- Millena Wilson
Student Health Center -- Amber LeBlanc
- Student Success -- [ vacant ]
- Student Success -- Campus Connections -- Maggi Spurlock