This program approaches workforce development as a holistic human resource strategy whose purpose is to develop people to meet the needs of for-profit, not-for-profit, and governmental organizations in Louisiana and the region. Graduates will develop the skills necessary to approach workforce development strategically, analyze skill and competency needs in the workforce, and implement workforce development processes that enable organizations to develop employees in ways that meet the current and future challenges associated with global competition, talent development, changing technology, and other pressures.
The following courses are required to earn the certificate:
- HRE 7001: Principles of Human Resource Education
- HRE 7005: Workforce Planning and Analysis
- HRE 7571: Performance Analysis in Human Resource Development
- HRE 7602: Program Evaluation and Design
- HRE 7171: Instructional Design for Human Resource Development
- HRE 7271: Leading Learning in Human Resource Development
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose specific information to students in a certificate program. This is called a Gainful Employment Disclosure. For more information, please refer to Financial Aid's website.